An ode to spring…….
Spring – 1st September – 30th November (according to Australians)
– New beginnings
– Spring cleaning
– New life hatching
– The thaw of winter; return of the sun
– The arrival and delicious smell of blossoms everywhere
– Slowly waking up and preparing for the excitment of summer
– Long walks
– The return to the outdoors
– Fresh air; ideas; outlook
Never before was the sky so blue
You would need to say blue one million times
Expressing the colour through-and-through
In this endless, elvish springtime.
Never before were the trees so green
Standing tall against the sky
Their trunks shine a mahogany sheen
In the sunny world of Springtime
I never saw such fluffy clouds
Drifting lazy through the sky
I swear I could pull them if I try
Down from the heavens of Springtime.
In summer, the sky is far too bright;
In Autumn the trees seem dead;
In Winter the clouds bring thunderstorms
But in Spring such things are NEVER said!!